Biography | 日本神話アーティスト | ・エコツミ・オフィシャルサイト
Performer / singer-songwriter / novelist about Japanese mythology and folklore.
Waseda University graduate. Has appeared in numerous stage musicals. Started career as a singer for movie soundtracks while still a student.
Ekotumi's unique melodies and poems, which are particular about the etymology of the words, and her theater productions have been highly acclaimed. Activities span a range of fields such as live performance, promotional videos, image songs, and game theme songs.
Since 2010, has been developing ‘New translation KOJIKI Series’, a Japanese-style opera based on Japan’s myths and folklore, as her life’s work.
In 2018, produced her own performance movie about Japanese mythology as a motif. It is selected for "Women Cinemakers Biennial 2018", Berlin.
The first work with Media artist won a prize of KITAKYUSYU digital creators contest performing arts section.
Is currently working as a unique artist introducing Japan’s mythology to the world.
- Four CD singles, one mini album currently on sale
- Organization and performance of solo performance New translation KOJIKI “Amaterasu” in Paris, France
- Organization and performance of solo performance New translation KOJIKI “IZANAMI” in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Appeared in World Art Dubai; Opening performance, Dubai
- Appeared in 1st Firenze Japanese Movie Festival 2010; Opening performance, Firenze
- Appeared in Japan Expo Sud, Marseille
- Appeared in HYPER JAPAN Christmas Market, London
- Exhibition and appearance in Exposition d’art contemporain Japonais < AUTOMNE >, Paris
- Organization and performance of performance at shrine, TOKYO DAIJINGU, “IZANAGI, IZANAMI their story” in Tokyo
- Performance at shrines
- Image song promotional video for Minakami-cho, Gunma Prefecture
- Theme song for Japanese-style app game ‘Death Land’